It's over.

The logical part of my brain is having a hard time with this cleanse right now. I eat so healthy anyways, that I’m just not sure this is benefiting me anymore. I haven’t felt well since I had my amalgams out and I’m not sure what effect that is having on the way I feel. I do know that I haven’t had any energy or motivation the past few days. As a woman though, I’m unsure of the reason for that. It could be hormones, it could be emotionally related to an argument I had a few days ago with someone, it could my amalgam removal or it could be my body detoxifying. Whatever it is, I don’t like it. I’m tired of having to think out of the box for food. Everything I’ve made has tasted great, but I want some chicken soup. I want some salmon, I want some baked cod. I want fresh butter from the farmer’s mkt on my potato. So here’s what I’m saying, I had a good run. I made it 7 days without any animal products, caffeine, alcohol, sugar or gluten. I don’t feel like I’m failing at all by ending this. It has been a success in my eyes. I’ve learned a lot. There are definitely a few recipes that will frequent our kitchen table. I plan on continuing to stay away from gluten and sugar indefinitely. The rest will be had frequently. I just finished a nice big glass of raw milk as I typed this. I do feel like the haze is lifting just a little as my body sucks up the nutrients in that glass of milk. Even if it was just for a short time, I don’t like getting used to thinking that many of these healthy foods I normally eat are “off limits.” Raw milk is amazing for you, homemade chicken broth can cure a cold, salmon keeps my spirits lifted. I just don’t think I want to give these up even for a short period of time. Thanks for reading about my food adventure this week and we’ll see if Seth wants to continue. He doesn’t know that I’ve made this decision. I’ve been very proud of him this week, he hasn’t complained at all and he’s lost 5lbs. It was definitely a learning experience for both of us. Now I’m off to defrost a chicken!

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!