Toxic Tuesday

*IMPORTANT* For anyone considering having their silver fillings replaced, please follow this protocol. I have read stats as high as 60% of people who have silver fillings removed improperly develop a chronic disease less than 6 months later. I was one of them. Here is the protocol and here is where you can find a dentist in your area who follows it. There is one in the Oklahoma City area that I see and have had a good experience with.  


I’m having the remainder of my amalgams (silver fillings) out today and I couldn’t be more excited about it. Read all the supposed studies that claim they’re safe and believe what you will, but I’m going with common sense on this one. Why would something that is extremely toxic outside my mouth be considered safe inside my mouth? Amalgams are made of 50% mercury. Mercury, isn’t that why they tell you not to eat a lot of certain fish when you’re pregnant? Hmm. I had a HUGE silver filling crack when I was in my early 20’s. I swallowed close to half of it and can remember spitting out pieces of it. I had it removed and replaced with another one. Shortly thereafter, I developed a condition at the time that was later determined to be fibromyalgia. I felt horrible, constant painful knots in my muscles, a permanent crick in my neck, and a low grade fever all day. I went from being able to focus on my accounting classes to sleeping 12 or more hours a night and still being exhausted the next day. I had to take multiple caffeine pills a day to be able to focus and Aleve every few hours to keep headaches away and pain at bay. I remember coworkers teasing me about it because they thought I was making it up. I dealt with all these problems until we made our dietary changes a few years ago and that has helped with a lot of the symptoms. I still deal with joint and neck pain. The fevers have gone away, but my biggest complaint is this brain fog I’ve been dealing with for 10 years now. Sometime it’s hard for me to complete a sentence using the right words, much less carry on an intelligent conversation. So, my hopes are that after I have these fillings replaced and do a heavy metal detox, I’ll get my brain back. I know there’s no guarantee, but I feel like I have made every other change in my life that could have been affecting my health negatively. I will be happy even with just the peace of mind knowing that I don’t have that toxic substance in my mouth anymore. My fillings are being replaced with porcelain crowns. For small cavities, it seems the only option is composite, which most of the time is made up of Bisphenol A (BPA) a known endocrine disruptor that mimics estrogen in the body. I read somewhere recently that they are not all made up of that though, so check with your dentist. I'd love more info on alternatives.  


Please watch the documentary, The Beautiful Truth, for startling statistics and more information on the dangers of amalgams. It is available to watch instantly on Netflix and on youtube.com.  

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!