My new favorite drink...


I've recently discovered a way to drink apple cider vinegar that is actually palatable and very good for you! Just google "apple cider vinegar and health benefits" and tons of stuff will come up. It has been used for centuries to treat common ailments and to fight off disease. I started drinking it about 2 weeks ago after looking online for a cure for chronic mononucleosis. Ever since having it at age 19, I have fought chronic fatigue and learned recently that there was a correlation between the two. I read that apple cider vinegar is supposed to give you an energy boost in addition to many other health benefits, including:

  • alleviating environmental allergies
  • clearing complexion
  • boosting immunity
  • stimulates metabolism thus aiding in weight loss
  • relieving joint pain (I need this too!)
  • reversing aging
  • treating gout
  • ridding the body of candida (yeast)
  • chronic fatigue
I had some raw apple cider vinegar in my fridge so I thought I would try it. I noticed a difference in my energy  immediately and continue to notice a difference every day I take it. I haven't even been drinking my coffee in the morning and have had no caffeine withdrawal headaches. Everything I read said that for general prevention to take 2 teaspoons, 3 times daily. For more severe or chronic health problems, to take 2 tablespoons, 3 times daily. Right now I am taking 2 tablespoons, twice a day. 

It's important to buy raw apple cider vinegar, the one with the "mother" in the bottle. (It will specify this on the bottle.) If you buy another kind, you will not have the same results. All other vinegar is devoid of nutrients. A 16 oz bottle costs about $2 on vitacost.com or you can get a bottle at the health food store for about $3.  The one in the picture is Dynamic Health from Vitacost. I recently bought Bragg's brand from Akins. It has a lot of good reviews. 

Here is how I make my apple cider: (Owen loves it too!) 
  • Heat water close to boiling, steep 1 bag of green tea for a few minutes (extra antioxidants can't hurt!)
  • Add 2 tsp - 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
  • Add 1-2 tsp raw honey or other natural sweetener
  • Drink up! 1-3 times a day. 
You always want to dilute the vinegar because it can thin the enamel on your teeth if you drink it straight. Ugh, I don't know how anyone does that anyway! I really enjoy my "apple cider" every day and am really liking the energy it has given me. Try it and see what you think, it's worth the $3! You can also use ACV for topical uses, as a rinse after shampooing...there are many uses that I haven't tried yet and would love to hear what you use it for. Thanks for reading! 

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!