Being a stay-at-home mom, why I LOVE my job.


Growing up, my mom stayed home with me and my brother. It was such a gift she gave us and I am so thankful for it. I knew as a young child that what I wanted to be when I grew up was a mom and I knew that I would stay home with my babies. When Seth and I were dating, he knew that it was not an option for me to work when we had kids. It is a priority that we make work so that I can be with them.
Even though we have financial concerns every single day of every month, I would not trade these moments with my children for anything in this world. I could not be any more content with my life than I am right now.
  • I love that all the extra time and energy I have is able to be spent on reading, researching and experimenting with ways to make life healthier and happier for my family.
  • I love being woken up in the morning, not by an alarm, but by kids crawling in bed with me. Laying there with them until Owen starts hollering are the best moments of my day.
  • I love knowing where my children are, what they're eating and what they're being exposed to every minute of every day.
  • I love that I am here capturing every moment of their childhood. Time flies so fast for me right now, I can only imagine how fast it would fly by if I worked outside of the home.
  • I love that my 3 yr old daughter is pretending to make kefir grains right now. That cracks me up and makes me so proud to see how our unique and natural lifestyle is rubbing off on her.
  • I love all my stay at home mom friends and their kids that we get to share life with during the week. 
  • I love being able to have dinner ready for my husband when he gets home. It just makes me feel like a good wife. It doesn't happen everyday, but the days it does feel more rewarding and productive.
  • I love being able to help friends and family live a healthier lifestyle. It is such a fulfilling part of my life that I am so thankful for.
  • I love being able to stay in my pajamas all day if I so desire or just don't have time to change. Not that this ever happens though. ;)
  • I love that we are able to homeschool. 
  • I love that the majority of my time is spent with the people that I care the most about in this world.
  • I love knowing that if my earthly life were to end today, I would have no regrets.


Regardless of what your job is, I encourage you to list the reasons why you enjoy it and if you don't enjoy it, list why you're thankful for it. It makes it easier to do that job well every day.


"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31




Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!