Excuses

I'm too busy and overwhelmed some days already.

We can't afford it.

It's not safe.

We can't risk everything.

I'm tired.

How will my heart heal from saying goodbye?

My children will get less attention.

My children will have to share a room.


God says -

"Without faith, it is impossible to please God. Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

Hebrews 11:6, Matthew 6:25, Psalm 82:3, James 1:27


"I'm not raising my kids to survive the world. I'm raising them to change it." -Sun Stand Still


I don't believe it's a coincidence that I started reading Crazy Love while looking into the possibility of becoming a foster parent. I don't believe that we just happened upon this decision during a huge foster care awareness year focusing on creating awareness in faith based communities. I don't believe it's a coincidence that a couple weeks ago, my mom ran into a friend from 20 years ago whose son runs one of the best foster care agencies in the state and is in the process of building an amazing "ranch" like environment for families and foster children. I don't believe that it's a coincidence that we found Angel's Foster Family Network through a friend just 3 days before we committed to another agency or that their training starts April 2. Seth is attending an event at Crossings on April 5 on how to build awareness in your church and community and we are walking as a family in "Walk A Mile In My Shoes" on April 30. We are in for a busy month, but know that this is God's plan and He will receive all the glory. His hand will be on our family and on these beautiful children that we will be blessed to know for a short time, if not forever.


Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!