The least of these...

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40

This post may come off as angry because I am. I am so angry. I am so overwhelmed by anger that this is allowed to happen here and that we don't know about it. I knew there were issues with the "system," but I had no idea the extent until recently. The past few days I have gotten emails and facebook status updates and links about pro-life causes. I am definitely pro-life and do not believe in abortion, but I believe many of these pro-life resources could be used for a much better purpose. How about we take all this time, money and effort and make a difference in a baby's life that is here because the mother did NOT choose abortion? She may have been on drugs, been beaten, or been a prostitute, knew that she could not provide a safe home for this child she was carrying, but did not kill it. What is her reward? The baby's reward? Well, right now, the baby is probably suffering from reactive detachment disorder because there was no one to bond with it after birth because our child welfare system is so understaffed and underfunded. So please, preach pro-life, but let's show Christ's love to these babies that are here right now and will go down the exact same path as their mother if we don't reach out and change their lives. Do something tangible to help these children. Go witness the lives that these babies are sentenced to when their mothers decide to have them instead of an abortion. Help these babies. Show these mothers that someone will be there to love their baby when DHS takes them away after birth because they're addicted to drugs. Help these babies that are here right now. Let's put up the picket signs and go hold a baby at a local shelter who has no one to hold them. Let's figure out a way to foster a baby. Let's collect items for these kids who have nothing but a trash bag to carry their belongings in. We can pray. Pray that our state, in the middle of the Bible belt, will wake up and see how we are ignoring these miracles that God has put on this Earth. We are the church. We are His hands. This is something you can do. You don't have to be rich to provide a safe and loving home for a baby. You can be on food stamps. You can make only $35,000 a year and have 3 kids already. God will provide and you will be blessed for it. 

This is not a hopeless cause and there is no excuse to feel helpless.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'  Matthew 25:41-43

Join our family on April 30 for a foster care awareness walk. Bring a suitcase to donate!  Click here for more info.


Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!