Bring me anything that brings You glory.

Writing is therapeutic right? Some probably can't imagine sharing details of their life like this, but I feel like I need to. Yesterday I couldn't get Mercy' Me's song, "Bring the Rain," out of my head. Specifically the line, "Bring me anything that brings You glory." I sincerely and fearfully prayed it yesterday, knowing that He was going to answer. I had a sense of impending doom all afternoon. I assumed it had to do with all the Motrin I was taking for the pinched nerve in my neck. I had also received a clue in my devotional from yesterday, looking back now, that something was about to happen. The subject matter was on closed and open doors. This morning, Seth informed me that he was let go from his job. Apparently they didn't like the fact that he was using his sick and vacation days as they accrued. Odd, since that's the reason they are given to employees. I'm not a fan of his former place of employment, never have been, but we were thankful for it. They paid him terribly, but again, we were thankful for it. We couldn't afford health insurance for me, we share a cell phone, have no cable tv. We are pretty much living as simply as one can here in America. We are content without these things, because we chose instead to have Seth home with us instead of working two jobs. God has always provided. And we're trusting in Him completely that this is His will and He has great things planned for us. We're hoping this is the free time we've been praying for so that Seth can start a furniture business. We're also hoping that the foster care ranch we've applied to live at will see this as a benefit rather than a negative.

I tell you all this because I want those reading to know how calm our spirits are right now. The last time Seth lost his job like this, I couldn't breathe and couldn't stop crying. Having Christ at the center of our lives makes the most unbelievable difference in every situation. We can feel His hand on our lives and we welcome anything that has the opportunity to bring Him glory. I'm not sure how He's going to provide right now, but I know He will. I am confident that this will not hinder our foster care process and application for the ranch because like my devotional said yesterday,

"Circumstances are irrelevant, for no one can shut the door that Jesus opens." 

We have found our calling, our purpose for being here. We will continue to run full speed ahead until God calls us home and says to us, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

From "My Utmost for His Highest," April 29....
"Certainty is the mark of the commonsense life—gracious uncertainty is the mark of the spiritual life. To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, not knowing what tomorrow may bring. This is generally expressed with a sigh of sadness, but it should be an expression of breathless expectation. We are uncertain of the next step, but we are certain of God. As soon as we abandon ourselves to God and do the task He has placed closest to us, He begins to fill our lives with surprises...  Leave everything to Him and it will be gloriously and graciously uncertain how He will come in—but you can be certain that He will come. Remain faithful to Him."

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!