Water Kefir Withdrawal

:-(
So my grains have not been happy this past month. They will not make anything other than very syrupy water kefir. I cannot drink it. I've been trying different things to fix the problem and nothing has worked. Thankfully I'm picking some up from a friend next week because I am having serious withdrawals. I was drinking close to 32 ounces every day and I haven't had more than a few sips over the past month. I didn't think for a second that I would have such noticeable differences in my food cravings and my overall attitude. The two biggest things I've noticed are:

  • Sugar and fast food cravings have returned. Luckily I have fended most of them off, except for some unlucky chocolate covered cranberries in my pantry. I have been seriously patting myself on the back for the past 6 months about how, "I don't even have a tiny desire to drink a soda pop now." Well, apparently that super strong will power was just an awesome benefit of drinking water kefir. I knew that water kefir was supposed to help curb sugar cravings, but I had no idea how much until now! 
  • My anxiety levels are through the roof. I have barely been able to breathe for the past month. When I have anxiety, it's generally for no reason at all, which makes it even more frustrating. I didn't correlate the two  until I started looking at the calendar and how long it had been since I was regularly drinking my water kefir. I am just praying that this will dissipate as soon as I starting consuming it again. 
I haven't noticed much of a difference in the kids, just little things. Brighton is bouncing off the walls a lot more than he used to and he drinks the most of the 3. Owen isn't pooping as often, which is actually kind of nice. :) Who knows, it may all just be a coincidence, but I'm looking so forward to getting some healthy grains next week. 

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!