Expect the unexpected...

That is how I would sum up the last 6 months. Our obedience to God has sent us down a winding road with all sorts of surprises along the way to test and strengthen our faith. Most recently, we received a call last week from our caseworker at our private foster care agency telling us that there were 3 babies we could choose from to foster. We chose a 4 day old little boy and sent out our plea for help to supply us with baby necessities. We were blessed with everything we needed within 24 hours. To my extreme disappointment, the following day we received a call telling us that the baby was no longer available and they didn't know when we would get another placement. Seth and I were infuriated. The shelter was and still is overcrowded and we had already been waiting for 2 weeks for an initial call. We finally get that call and because of a miscommunication between our agency and DHS, it was now unknown when we would get a child. Seth's involvement with foster care awareness and DHS these past few months helped to determine our next step. We decided to cut out the middle man and work directly with DHS. Even with all the great contacts we have at DHS, there is a portion of the process that has to be repeated. We were told today that could take at the minimum 30 days. I'm not going to lie, I shed a good amount of tears of frustration today. One thing I didn't do though, was question God. I've learned during this journey that "my thoughts are not His thoughts and my ways are not His ways." He's got it all under control and His plan is way better than my plan.

In other news, Seth is going to start working part-time with Anna's House, the most amazing non-profit organization that supports foster families and foster children throughout Oklahoma. God led us to them early in our journey and I knew right off the bat that there was something special planned for our friendship. I am so excited for this opportunity and I'm confident that God is going to do great things.

Father,
Empower us, continue to strengthen our faith, lead us and fill us with your Holy Spirit so that we may spread the good news of your love to all we come in contact with. Whatever brings You glory, Father, we will do. Make us more like you tomorrow than we are today. Amen.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!