Potential Christmas List?

I just received my first issue to The OCHEC Informer, a free magazine for Christian homeschooling moms in Oklahoma. For being such a small magazine, it was packed with great articles and info. One article, written by my friend, Beth Harkins, was about homeschooling foster children. Read her article, here. Another article was titled "The Power of Play," by Cari Ebert and it had great tips for toy organization and storage, but my favorite part of that article was a "Not-So-Trendy but Recommended Toy List." I thought it would be a great idea to just type it up and then copy and paste when we get asked ideas for gifts for the kids. So, I figured if I was typing it up, I might as well share. :)


  • Shape sorters
  • Chalkboard & chalk
  • Art supplies
  • Large mirror
  • Dress-up clothes
  • Mr. Potato Head
  • Magnetic letters & numbers
  • Toy cars and a garage
  • Toy doctor's kit
  • Dolls & stuffed animals
  • Puzzles
  • Play dough with tools, cookie cutters and gadgets
  • Stacking cups
  • Toy house with furniture, people & vehicles
  • Toy barn with animals
  • Variety of large, plastic animals (zoo animals, farm animals, dinosaurs)
We do have a lot of these, but it's a good reminder to have these available for the kids as opposed to the more electronic toys that don't require much imagination. 

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!