Satan and sippy cups... :)


Don't worry, I'm not about to bad-mouth sippy cups, you'll see the correlation in a paragraph or so. I feel like Satan has been attacking our family since the second we picked up our foster daughter a couple weeks ago. Since her first night here, I have had a child vomiting, sneezing snot everywhere or lethargic with a fever every single day. I came down with strep throat a couple days ago and Seth broke his toe yesterday. Really?! In all honesty, I have been dealing with everything fairly well. We've been living off of frozen meals I'd stashed away and homemade chicken soup. There was one incident when I threw a sippy cup at the wall because I couldn't get the lid off because my joints were aching so badly from my fever. Shortly thereafter I realized that was exactly what Satan wanted and by giving into frustration, I was letting him steal my joy and peace that the Lord has blessed us with.

The night before we brought baby girl home, I remember laying in bed thinking about how it was going to be the last night that I wasn't afraid. I had some fears going into this journey. Two of my biggest fears were getting a phone call from DHS telling me that they're taking the baby away or the birth parents finding out where we live and threatening us or my children. I was very concerned about those haunting my thoughts daily and nightly while I tried to fall asleep. Thankfully, as soon as I saw our sweet girl's face, all those fears were gone. The Lord has replaced them with a comforting peace that can only come from HIM. Everyone asks us if we think we're going to get to keep her and our response is and can only be, "We are trusting God." If that means we get to see her grow up, then we will praise Him and thank Him for his blessings. If it means that she leaves and goes to another home, through tears and heartache we will praise Him and thank Him for blessing us with the time we had with her. The other morning while doing arts and crafts, Brighton said, "I think God decided to let "Baby H" stay with us." I can only pray that he knows something I don't just yet, but in the meantime we are loving her like crazy and getting in as many hugs and kisses as we can. :)

Without faith it is impossible to please Him . . . —Hebrews 11:6



Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!