Things I've learned...

Going from 3 kids to 6 under 6 in 2 months has taught me a lot. Thought I would share a few with you. :)

- You cannot parent 6 children in a 1200sqft house without being organized! My house is cleaner and more organized now than it was 4 months ago.

- You cannot parent 6 children in any house without the children having designated chores and helping throughout the day.

- The children cannot be allowed to control the house. Consistency and stability are the key to a happy and well-functioning home. This is something I have to remind myself of everyday.

- Large Family Logistics is easily my new favorite book, after the Bible.

- To find a show or cartoon that all the kids like is a treasure, never to be taken for granted.

- The pediatrician has become one of my new best friends.

- Being able to fit your whole family in one car is a want, not a need.

- It is possible and much cheaper to eat a whole food and healthy diet when you're a family of 8!

- A magic bullet is a must have when making your own baby food for a 12 and 8 month old!

- Paper plates and paper bowls are life savers. Seriously.

- The people you expect to help you, don't always help. But the unexpected blessings from those you barely know turn your day completely around.

- The 3 newest children to come live with us may as well have been grown in my belly, because the love I feel for them is no different than the ones who look like me.

- Having a glass of wine is a nice way to end the day. :)

- Birth parents need just as much love as the foster children. Go out of your way to love them. Pray for compassion towards them. The Lord will grant you that request more than you could ever imagine.

- I will lay into a person if they start telling me that foster children have issues and that's why they would never be a foster parent. Bring it. Don't talk smack about my babies, especially in the check out line at Target.

- People tell me what a blessing we are to these children, but in all honesty, these children have blessed us 10 times over what we have blessed them with.

- When you are in the center of God's will, cleaning your house and changing diapers can be the most joyous experience of your life.

- Following God's call and welcoming these children into my home has made me a better parent by leaps and bounds.

- His mercies are new EVERY morning.

- And with God, ALL things are possible.

- God blesses your obedience! Our chances of adopting all 3 of these children are extremely high and we should know their fate within a few months. We are believing God for this miracle. Please believe and pray with us! 

And with that, I am off to clean the kitchen, while my 8 month old naps in a pack n'play next to the dishwasher. lol

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!