Prayer requests and updates

This time last year, God had really laid a verse on my heart, "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." Luke 12:48 Out of the meditation on this verse, our call to become foster parents was born. Now with 6 wonderful kids, a bigger car, a bigger house and a higher paying job for Seth, to be honest, I'm a little intimidated thinking of what God will call us to this year. Seth is speaking at the statewide 8308 foster care awareness conference at the end of this month. Please pray for wisdom and guidance for him when it comes to writing his speech and that the Holy Spirit speaks boldly through him.

The father of our 15 month old, Baby H, has forfeited his parental rights due to not showing up in court. This is a victory for Baby H and her mother. This man has never once expressed interest in his daughter and I don't think he has even met her. The rights of her mother are uncertain as her health is deteriorating. We are hoping for some news regarding permanent custody of Baby H in the next 90 days. Please keep all of us in your prayers.

My instinctual need to protect myself from being hurt has been initiated by the very likely possibility that Miss A and Baby K will be going home to their mother in a few months. I need prayer to fight through this natural desire to protect my heart. I was talking to God about it this morning and telling him that I was scared to continue loving them and He said clear as day, "There is no fear in love. Perfect love drives out fear." (1 John 4:18)  So I am meditating on this verse whenever I feel the fear begin to rise up.

Seth is still making weekly visits to the prison to visit Baby K's father. We need prayer for more Christian men to step up and help with this ministry. There are a lot of prisoners who would like a visit every week and Seth can only visit and pray with one. I'm also unsure how moving to Kingfisher will affect this ministry, so please pray for guidance in that area as well.

I feel like we're on the verge of big news or a big decision. Pray that I can stay centered on God's will during all the changes that are taking place. We are so thankful for our friends and family that have stayed with us during this journey and the new friends that we meet daily who are on the same path. We couldn't do this without you.


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!