Our Family's Top 10 Healthy and Easy Snacks

Enjoying #3 - Breakfast popsicles.
10. Avocado - It's a bit of an acquired taste, but all 6 of my kids love it now. I started them on it as early as possible. It is one of the healthiest fats you can eat. For the babies I mash it up or cut it into bite size pieces. The older kids eat "avocado bowls," where I cut an avocado in half and scoop out the seed and then give them a spoon to eat their half with.

9. Cinnamon-raisin Ezekiel bread with lots of Kerrygold salted butter on it. 

8. Organic Fuji Apples - my kids would eat these all day long if I let them. To make it a little more filling, I give them peanut butter to dip them in.

7. Target's Archer Farms organic fruit strips. These are our "fruit roll-ups." All natural, made with fruit juice instead of sugar.

6. Snack plates - with 6 kids who are always hungry, snack plates are my life savers. I put a big plate on the table between lunch and dinner and the kids snack off and on. Our favorite combos are Tillamook cheddar cheese sliced up with organic golden crackers (like Ritz, but less additives) along with organic celery and carrot sticks with ranch dressing to dip. 

5. Veggie Straws - ginormous bag for $5 at Sam's. All natural, baked potato snack with carrots, spinach and tomato mixed in.

4. Frozen organic grapes... they last sooo much longer and the kids love them during the summertime.

3. Breakfast popsicles - blend 3 bananas, 2-3 6oz containers of plain, vanilla or flavored yogurt, 1.5 tbsp cacao powder, honey/pure maple syrup to taste. I added peanut butter this last time too and it was YUMMY. I freeze mine in plastic disposable dixie cups and stick the popsicle sticks in after about 40 minutes of freezer time.

2.  Stonyfield Whole Milk Vanilla yogurt mixed with frozen blueberries.

1. By far, the number one favorite snack of our kiddos, is a cup of whole, raw milk from our local dairy. I add a little pure maple syrup and it is a delicious, healthy and super easy snack.

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!