To those who doubt

God is doing great things right now! Satan is very aware of this and is trying to attack us in many ways. The birth father of our newest foster child has been slandering our family in front of the children at visits and alleging that we are mistreating the children somehow. He thinks something "fishy" is going on over here and that he wishes that he could put cameras in our house. (You know, because we're the ones whose parenting is under scrutiny right now.) He is claiming that he will go to a lawyer because "no one can take care of 7 kids." I thought of letting him know how many incredible friends I have that take of 6 or more children with great success, but it's not our impeccable parenting skills that enable us to parent this many children. It is OUR GOD, Jesus Christ, the Creator of all things, the One who has called us to this enables us daily! I know that I doubted my ability to parent even 4 children, but with each addition, God gave me more love, more wisdom, more patience, more coffee... :) For the first few weeks after hearing about his attitude towards us, I was filled with frustration, anger and defeat. You all know how hard we try with birth parents, and this man has been no exception, so it is hard to be attacked and desire to continue on. The other night though, God said to me, "This is a great opportunity to show him MY love. Show him that even though he is attacking you, that MY love is greater than that." 

“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.“If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.“If you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount.“But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.“Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." Luke 6:32-36

Look how much God is stretching me and making me more like Him! I am still struggling with what our next step will be in this relationship and would love prayer for wisdom and guidance. In other, AWESOME news, I have to tell of His great deeds in our life and others! Back in January of last year, I had a vision that my husband needed to go visit our foster son's dad in prison. Read about it HERE. It is incredible how faithful our God is. He was eventually saved, read about that HERE,  and just this past weekend my husband got the incredible opportunity to take him to the first church service he's been to since being released from prison. He sang God's praises at the top of his lungs and grabbed a handful of invite cards to give to his friends afterwards. How great is our God??? I love Him so much!!!

Through this experience He has shown me that He will "equip us with everything good for doing His will, and that He will work in us what is pleasing to Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever." Hebrews 13:21 

He has also given me these verses this morning to remind me of His faithfulness and ability to enable us to do ANYTHING He has called us to!

"The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:24

"But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one." 2 Thessalonians 3:3

"With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith." 
2 Thessalonians 1:11 


Moses said to the Lord, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.”

The Lord said to him, “Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.” 
Exodus 4:10-12


"For who is God besides the Lord?

And who is the Rock except our God?

It is God who arms me with strength

and keeps my way secure.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he causes me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You make your saving help my shield,
and your right hand sustains me;
your help has made me great." Psalm 18:31-35

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!