Opened Eyes

When Seth and I were seeking God and His calling for our life, we knew that adoption would be involved somehow. I researched international adoption and domestic adoption and was met with closed doors. I knew absolutely nothing about foster care, but was drawn to look into it after reading an article about how when children are removed from their home, they are often given a black trash bag to put their things into. By this small act alone, we are basically telling these children that their possessions aren't valued and neither are they as they are bounced around from placement to placement. It broke my heart. My eyes were open just a little bit. Then I discovered the crisis that we call the foster care system in Oklahoma. As followers of Christ, Seth and I were outraged at what was going on and the fact that NO ONE was talking about it, at least no one that we knew. Once our eyes were opened we could not be silent or sit passively by while innocent children were treated like statistics and ignored by the Church. So if I'm on here pushing foster care a lot, it's because I'm thinking that just maybe some of you don't know about the 11,000+ children in foster care in Oklahoma and the lack of good foster parents to help them. Maybe you're like us and all you need is to be informed and then you won't be able to sit by anymore and sleep comfortably at night knowing the pain and suffering many of these children are going through. Maybe your future children are waiting and praying for you to take that first step of obedience to God's command to care for orphans. My desire is not to guilt you into foster parenting with my posts, that would never end well... but my prayer is that you will seek God's will in this area and obey when He answers.

“Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we do not know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows we know and holds us responsible to act.” Proverbs 24:12

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!