Weakness

 
I was watching a sermon this morning about John 13 and Jesus washing His disciples feet and how Peter, like I would have, initially refused to allow Jesus to do so. To imagine myself in that place, to be vulnerable and humble enough to let the Savior serve me in such a way, was tough to process. To serve others in that way, seems easier than to allow Jesus to wash the muck off my feet. I began thinking of the areas in my life that I am the most vulnerable and embarrassed of that Jesus needed full access to. The first thing that came to my mind, was my parenting. And this isn't a post seeking praise or pats on the back, I have a lot of room to improve in this area. When I had only 3 kids, I was so overwhelmed and so child centered, that parenting them "correctly" was an idol, well above Jesus.

He rocked my world when He called us to foster care. It was only through seeking Him and obeying this call, that I became a more godly parent and our home began to look more Christ-centered than before. Now, with 8 children, I have different struggles. I yell way too often and have to turn on my "crazy mama" voice because otherwise they ignore me. I am so wiped out at the end of the day, that it takes extreme effort to desire individual time with the kids and when I do have it, it is a struggle to engage with them. I could go on and on about my imperfections, as I'm sure we all could.

Then I had a revelation. Look how God is mostly glorified in my life right now - it is through my parenting of all these kids! The area of my life that I am weakest in, He is being glorified daily in different ways. How great is that? I can point only to Him and say, "He gets the glory and the honor. There is NOTHING good in me apart from Him!" Praise God. Where are you weakest? Because God wants to be glorified through that. It doesn't mean that you won't struggle still, but if you repent and continue to look to Him and submit to His will, He will be glorified in ways you can't even imagine.

“My grace is sufficient for you. My lovingkindness and My mercy are more than enough—always available—regardless of the situation; for My power is being perfected and is completed and shows itself most effectively in your weakness.” Therefore, I will all the more gladly boast in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may completely enfold me and may dwell in me. So I am well pleased with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, and with difficulties, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak in human strength then I am strong- truly able, truly powerful, truly drawing from God’s strength." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!