Judah is 2!!


I've been trying to come up with adequate words to describe how I feel about Judah turning 2. I don't think it's possible, so I will share the thoughts that have been running through my head. Judah's birth mom was encouraged to abort him. He wasn't expected to make it through birth. He came to live with us at 6 weeks old after circumstances that no one could deny God's hand on. The first 9 months of his life were filled with anxiety, little sleep and lots of funeral planning. We almost lost him more times than I can count. When he was 9 months old, by the grace of God, a water pipe melted and prevented our house fire from spreading to his room. The room next to his was 400 degrees and full of smoke. He had no smoke inhalation or any issues afterwards at all. After that trial, I begged God for a break and to keep Judah healthy for awhile. For more than a year now, we have only had one close call, where I thought it might be the end. God is so good to have given us this peaceful extra year with him. We never thought that he would make it to his life expectancy of 1 year, much less 2 years.


He didn't smile at all his first year. I prayed and prayed for God to give us smiles from him. And 3 months ago, He answered that prayer! Judah smiles at me multiple times a day now, can you believe it?! He even responds with little shrieks of laughter when we hold him upside down and flip him up real quick. He's clearly a thrill seeker. :) The other day I raised my voice at him when he wouldn't take his bottle and he immediately gave me the saddest frown I have ever seen. It broke my heart and I felt like the worst mom ever, but I was SO excited to see him respond to that! He knew I was upset at him and he did not like it! Oh my goodness, I will NEVER make him sad again.


His diet still consists solely of formula and a few supplements that Mommy adds. He takes a cleft palate bottle since he lost his ability to create suction. Just this past month, he has been eating a ton and sorry if this is TMI for some, but he is pooping on his own as opposed to needing a suppository for the past year to go. This is another answered prayer. I don't know what the future holds, but I'm not worried about him dying anymore. That kind of makes me nervous. I don't want the rug pulled out from under me, but it sure is nice to not worry. I never thought he would be alive to live with us in our new home we're building. Please pray for that. I know God is able. I want him to be healed, I want a medical miracle, but I'm okay if that doesn't happen. He is such an incredible blessing exactly as he is right now. In my eyes, he is perfect and I am so blessed that God made me his mommy.  He exists so that God can be glorified through his life, just like you and me. Every life has a purpose in God's plan.  Happy Birthday Judah William. We love you so much.

"Then He said to the crowd, 'If any of you wants to be My follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily and follow Me.'" Luke 9:23

"What do you mean, 'If I can'?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes." Mark 9:23






Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young