Deep Waters

I'm reading through the Old Testament right now and I'm in Isaiah. I read it a few years back, but read a scripture yesterday that gave me goosebumps and gratitude once again for God's sovereignty.

A few weeks before the fire last year, I colored a scripture page to hang above Judah's head. It read, "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you..." Isaiah 43:2. I chose this one as a reminder for myself, that when I thought about losing Judah, God would be with me through the deep waters of that trial. So every time I went to get him out of his crib, I would be reminded of this promise. I never thought to look up the scripture in my Bible. I just assumed that was all there was to it. I didn't know how pertinent the second half of that scripture would be to our future.

After the fire - the discoloration is from smoke damage.
The lighter area is where we had a blanket laid under his head.


“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you.
When you walk through fire, you will not be scorched,
Nor will the flame burn you." Is. 43:2

I believe that the promise of God I hung above Judah's head was not only a symbol of His protection during a literal fire, but reassurance for me almost 10 months later, of His control and hand on every detail of our lives. I am so thankful to be His.

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!