The Lord's Faithfulness is Boundless


As we approached the one year anniversary of losing our home this month, I read this in Lamentations. I am reading through the Old Testament, book by book, for the first time. I have read many books in it before, but never in it's entirety. It has been incredible to hear the Lord so clearly. The following scriptures grabbed my heart and expressed exactly how I felt one year ago. Praise God for His faithfulness!

"The thought of my suffering and homelessness
is bitter beyond words.
I will never forget this awful time,
as I grieve over my loss.
Yet I still dare to hope
when I remember this:

The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
His mercies begin afresh each morning.
I say to myself, 'The Lord is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in Him!' " Lamentations 3:19-24


In His infinite wisdom, all the struggles and delays brought us to the point of laying the foundation for our new house, our dream house, the same week we lost our home in Kingfisher one year ago. We had already planned on using old, charred bricks that we had salvaged from our house to place as Ebenezer stones in the foundation of our new house. We picked meaningful scriptures and placed them in each bedroom of the house and prayed over them before they were covered with concrete. I can't think of a better way to signify our dependence on God and glorify Him by literally placing His word in the foundation of our house.  


Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!