7 minutes

I have about 7 minutes to write a somewhat informative post. I don't think it's going to happen. I have tea steeping and a cozy spot on the couch ready for me to sit down and read my book. I'm not sure what to write about. I've had a bit of a blogger's block lately, mainly because I've had more important things on my mind I suppose. We're supposed to be closing on our land so that we can start building our house. Since we're using a rural development loan, more things are involved and like most closings, things have continued to pop up. So now instead of hopefully closing around last Thanksgiving, I'm just hoping we close before spring break! Talk about learning patience. We have been blessed quite a few times though during this extended period before closing. We ended up with better land (with a pond!), a builder more suited to our needs and this week we learned that we should qualify for down payment assistance which will save us a few thousand dollars. Woot! We are learning patience and contentment, but definitely reaping a few other benefits as well. In addition to the house, there are two other more important issues (if you can imagine) that are weighing on my mind. They cannot be blogged about though! So I would appreciate any extra prayers for guidance, wisdom and confirmation that you got! Off to read Crazy Love... Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

"Ultimately, I have just as little control over my own life and what will happen to me. Isn't the easiest thing at this point to start living in a guarded, safe, controlled way? To stop taking risks and to be ruled by our fears of what could happen? Turning inward is one way to respond; the other is to acknowledge our lack of control and reach out for God's help. If life were stable, I'd never need God's help. Since it's not, I reach out for Him regularly. I am thankful for the unknowns and that I don't have control, because it makes me run to God." - Francis Chan, Crazy Love

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!