I can't imagine how Jesus must feel

As a parent to 6 children, 3 foster and 3 biological, I am trying to figure out how I can get more kids into my home. People think I'm crazy. I want more children because they deserve a stable and loving environment instead of an abusive, neglectful one or one in a shelter where their "mama" is a paid worker. How can our family be only 1 of 1000 in Oklahoma? We have 9300 children in foster care in Oklahoma right now. That number has gone up 1000 since January. Where are the rest of you when these babies are sleeping on cots in a conference room at the shelter because there are no more beds? I just can't imagine how Jesus must feel watching these innocent children sit there and wonder when their parents are coming to get them or when a family will choose them. So many "Christians" are more consumed with the size of their house, their T.V. or the newest iphone. I don't get it. You know that you can't take this stuff to heaven with you right? I hope some of you don't sleep tonight thinking about these beautiful, precious children who have done NOTHING to deserve what they're going through and how YOU can do everything to help. It is not okay to stand by and watch anymore and talk about doing it "when things calm down," or "in a few years when you have more money." These kids need a home now.

"Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins." James 4:17


Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!