Priorities have shifted...

‎"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." Luke 12:48


My thoughts are no longer consumed by what healthy tips I can share with my readers. They are consumed by thoughts of God's will. Where does He want me? What does He want to teach me? How can I honor Him with my life? It has been years since I have been this interested in God. It's pretty darn awesome, let me tell you. I went close to 4 years without picking up my Bible and justified it with excuses of exhaustion, pregnancy, motherhood, etc. Thankfully that is no longer the case. I have read my Bible more this week than I have in the past 5 years combined. I finished the book, Crazy Love, which is amazing, inspiring and convicting. Don't read it if you want your life to remain "comfortable."

The past few weeks Seth and I have gone back and forth about becoming foster parents. Initially we felt like this was something we wanted to do. Then we felt like maybe this was something that's not safe to do, so we called it off. Then we figured out that this is what we're CALLED to do. We are going to become foster parents. I wasn't going to blog about this, because I didn't want people to think I needed a pat on the back for this decision and honestly, I didn't want any negative feedback. I've read about the risks and heartache that come along with it, I can't imagine how difficult it will be. I know that we can't do it by ourselves, but that we can with God's help. Of course I am busy with my 3, but not busy enough to strap another baby on my hip and continue on. Our children may get a little less attention, but I believe in the long run they will benefit from this by seeing what it's like to be Christ to the world and not just read about it. I'm tired of talking about helping in some way when the kids are older or we have more money or a bigger house... I'm ready to help now. We have enough love in our house for a few more family members! Training starts in April, pray that God would continue to provide the resources we need to make this happen. Thanks for your support!

‎"We are consumed by safety. Obsessed with it, actually. Now, I'm not saying it is wrong to pray for God's protection, but I am questioning how we've made safety our highest priority. We've elevated safety to the neglect of whatever God's best is, whatever would bring God the most glory, or whatever would accomplish his purposes in our lives and in the world." -Francis Chan, Crazy Love





"But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way" - Casting Crowns





Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Judah

38 Years Young

Judah is 2!!